Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
HOW DO I GET A LIBRARY CARD?
- If you are a resident of Sigourney, Keokuk County, and the surrounding area, you are eligible to fill out a library card. Proof of address is required (ex. driver's license or a piece of mail)
- If you want a library card, ask for one at the checkout desk. If you are under the age of 18, you must have a parent's signature to fill out a library card.
- How to use the library card
- You may use your card to checkout books and other library materials.
- Books can be checked out for two weeks. New books may be checked out for one week. DVD's and Videos can be checked out for two days. CD's and Audio Books may be checked out for two weeks.
- Items to be returned can be turned in at the checkout desk or placed in the drop box.
- Items may be renewed twice either in person or over the phone.
- You may request an item either in person, by phone, or by e-mail.
- You may reserve an item either in person, by phone, or by e-mail.